of the facilities and found the old Johnny on the Spot. "Not a problem," I thought as we entered the portable building, until I looked around. You see, up to this point, with the exception of a couple of experimental episodes when nobody was watching, Benjamin has been a sitter. He's been warned that he just isn't ready for handling a loaded gun yet and he's been okay with that. Well I didn't want to place his little tushy on the seat that apparently was the victim of many unstable firings, so I stood him up on the bench. I indicated that he would be going into the funnel-shaped bucket to the side and pulled his pants down around his ankles. "Just aim for the hole in the bottom", I instructed. He pinched a small piece of skin as if it weren't even his and I could see that we would be way off of our target if we didn't reposition the equipment quickly. "Son, grab hold of it and aim," I told him. A scarred little trickle, an affirmation from Dad, and then a steady stream hitting it's target. He finished off and still holding on, looked up at me with the proudest smile and grin you could even imagine and said, "Daddy, I love you."This is what being a Dad is about!
Johnson County Demolition Derby from David Reber on Vimeo.
No comments:
Post a Comment