Saturday, July 12, 2008

That's a Bad Word Right, Daddy?

Ben and I were doing some work at the kitchen island: I was crunching numbers in excel, he was creating pie charts with crayola. We had the TV on but neither of us was watching it. We were deep into our work. At least that's what I thought.


The Comedy Channel was on and the foul mouthed Ralphie May was doing stand-up and he mentioned the words "Stupid-Ass." I guess I heard it but didn't think about the little chap sitting next to me. Well, he heard it, "That's a bad word right, Daddy?" Kerry was out of town and all I could think of was Benjamin running around the house saying those words when she got home.

"Yes, Benjamin, we don't say that word," I said to him, really wanting to breeze by this conversation so that maybe the words wouldn't stick in his memory.

"Yeah," he said. "Stupid is a bad word."

No comments: